Have you ever sat down as a family and played a board game together?
Board games give you special family time to have conversations, fights and poke fun at each other. In the process, you are also creating new memories and strengthening the family bond.Apart from these obvious benefits, board games help your child in many more ways. The teach the child about:
- Quick thinking, risk taking
- Building resilience, improved decision making
- Developing personality traits
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Patience, compromise, negotiation
- Increasing attention span and focus
- Strategizing, problem solving
- Finding loopholes
- Critical thinking, confidence building
- Building skills required for science and math
- Sportsmanship, winning and losing gracefully
- Social skills, communication skills, following rules
With so many benefits of board games, can you even imagine an academic program without board games?
At Walnut School, we have integrated board games of various types right into the daily academic schedule, and our students love these activities.Read More