Starting the Academic Year 2023-24
Click here, to access the Starting of Academic Year 2023-24 circular.
Know your dates for the 2023-24 academic year
Click here, to access the Know your dates for the 2023-24 academic year circular.
Quick overview – What the year looks like
Click here, to access the Quick overview – What the year looks like circular.
How to read the calendar
Click here, to access the How to read the calendar circular.
First Day of School : What to send with the child
Click here, to access the First Day of School : What to send with the child circular.
Textbooks, exams, Homework
Click here, to access the standard wise Textbooks, exams, Homework circulars.
A Closer Look at Unit 1
FIRST THINGS FIRST – have you collected the ID card and other material?
In case you haven’t collected the ID card and other material by 18th March, Saturday – here is when you can. Look at your shift timing and the corresponding collection timing. Please note that it is absolutely necessary to have the ID card to attend school. Wait in the office with your child. First, collect everything, then put the ID card on the student, the tiffin ID card on the tiffin bag and then they can go into class.
|Classes||School timing||Collection timing|
|Std 1 – 6 : morning||8:50 am to 2:05 pm||8 am|
Ok, now that that is out of the way, let’s talk about the upcoming unit!
The academic year and Unit 1 begin in the upcoming week. As promised, we are sending you an overview of all the exciting upcoming events and other activities.
There are different start dates for different classes ranging from March 20 to March 24.
Unit 1 has the summer break in between. So, we have two sessions : pre-summer and post-summer. The last working day for the pre-summer session is April 13. The break starts from April 14.
The post summer session starts on different dates for different classes ranging from June 1 to June 5. Check the calendar for the exact date for your class. You can also check the online version of the calendar.
You can also see many Electric Saturdays marked in the Calendar. Here is a quick overview of what is happening on each one. The details of each will be shared with you separately.
|ONLINE CONNECT||All information and tutorials will be sent prior to this on email and on the Wal-Sh app. This is to make sure new parents know how to connect for the PTMs. This will take about 5 minutes. Follow the instructions sent before this and then log in anytime between 8.30 am and 9.30 am and check.
Date : March 25
Attendees : ONLINE ALL NEW PARENTS Std. 1 to 10 (8.30 – 9.30 am)
|BOOK HANDOVER||Half an hour slot between 8 am and 10 am. Exact timing will be conveyed to you closer to the date.
Date : April 8, Standards : Std. 2, 3
|DEBATE||40 minute slot between 8 am and 11 am. Exact timing will be conveyed to you closer to the date.
Date : June 17, Standard : Std. 6
|BOARD GAMES||20 minutes for the first eliminations between 8 am and 9 am. Exact timing will be conveyed to you closer to the date. Winners continue in knockouts after that till 10.30 am.
Date : June 17, Standards : Std. 3, 4, 5
|READING THEATRE||30 minute slot between 8 am and 11 am. Exact timing will be conveyed to you closer to the date.
Date : June 17, Standards : Std. 1, 2
The offline PTM is marked for June 24. The teachers will be available to talk to the parents from 8 am to 10 am. The meeting time comes to an end at 10 am, as the teachers have a training session related to preparation for the upcoming practice tests and exams. The location of where different teachers will be, will be sent to you closer to the date.
As you can see in the calendar, the practice tests are from June 29 to July 5. After that, the exams follow. Since different classes have different number of tests, the calendar has the classes marked below the TEST icon. Here is a quick view of that in a different format for your convenience.
|JULY 6||JULY 7||JULY 10||JULY 11||JULY 12||JULY 13|
|Std 1, 2||HOLIDAY||EXAM||EXAM||EXAM||HOLIDAY||HOLIDAY|
|Std 3, 4, 5||HOLIDAY||EXAM||EXAM||EXAM||EXAM||HOLIDAY|
So, this is what the next 7 weeks at Walnut look like!
As we have mentioned before, the excitement never stops at Walnut! Unit 2 promises to be as exciting (or more!) 😉
Not to beat our own drums, but what you see above is a result of a marathon of planning and execution by multiple teams, and exclusively done so that our children get a definitive edge over others! Tough outside… smart inside… that’s our ethos!
KG : Starting the Academic Year 2023-24
We are all set to start the new academic year 2023 – 24! Do refer to the table for your child’s school reopening date :
|Class||School reopens on|
|Nursery||Monday, 5 June 2023|
|Junior KG||Thursday, 8 June 2023|
|Senior KG||Monday, 12 June 2023|
There are a lot of things we need to tell you and we will be sending out LOTS of instructions via email. Do make sure you read them thoroughly and if it feels like too much, just listen to the attached audio! 🙂
Here are the steps that you need to take, to ensure a smooth start :
Step 1 of 5 : Fees to be paid by 14th April
- Paying fees on time will help us organize our lists and items to be given to you before school starts.
- The office needs 4 working days after fee payment to organize the materials that are to be given to you. Things cannot happen faster than that.
- If the management has approved any change in fee payment/installment dates, the school office will have a note of the same. Please do not call or email again for that.
Step 2 of 5 : Item collection
- Dates – Collection dates and times
|25th to 30th May||9 am to 1 pm
CLOSED on SUNDAY
|Basement, School Building|
Here are the things to collect from the school :
- 2 Temporary ID cards for the student – to be worn by the student right from the first day of the new school year. No entry into school without the ID card.
- 1 Tiffin ID card for the students – to be attached to the tiffin bag without fail. This will reduce tiffin mix ups. An easy way to do this is to tie a string and loop the card through, just like we attach tags to baggage at the airport!
- Calendar – a single place where you can get information of all the activities to be conducted during the course of the school year. We also have an online Google Calendar of the same, which you can access from our website under the specific school branch.
- 2 Fridge magnets – to put up the calendar on the fridge and also to put up cool certificates which your child will win!
- Files – Collect as per the chart below :
|Std||Files||Subject wise distribution|
|Nur, Jr. KG, Sr. KG||3||WRITE (1 each for Writing and Numeracy),
Art + Hands on Activity
- Funky folding Walnut bag – this bag is for you to show off how environmentally friendly you are when you go to the market! 🙂 This is for YOU, not for the kids!
- Worksheets which your child brings home on a weekly basis should be filed in the files that are given.
- Teachers dedicate Saturdays for checking and sorting students’ worksheets. Hence, worksheets that are taught in the previous week, are sent home every Monday.
Step 3 of 5 : Make sure you have ordered the uniform
- Same dates and hours as the material collection time.
- Visit the school office to check uniform size, if you haven’t already. In that case, bring your child along with you to try out the uniform to figure out the size.
- Place the order for two sets (you can order more if you want).
- Collect it immediately if the size is available.
- Do place an order for the winter jackets, if you don’t have one. Students will NOT be allowed to wear personal sweatshirts or sweaters to school.
- You also need 100% black shoes (sports) and black socks, but you need to get those on your own.
- Any brand that you are comfortable with is fine, but make sure it is totally black.
(Just the brand name in a different colour is ok, but no other designs)
Step 4 of 5 : Make sure you have arranged for transportation
- The transport provider details are as follows:
- Shivane campus :
Mr. Marne – 9970194003
- Fursungi campus :
Mr. Santosh Nagawde – 8698775577 / 9970693511
- Wakad campus :
Mr. Nilesh Swami – 9850414995 / Mr. Ganesh Swami – 7558433851
- Shivane campus :
- Please fix the pick up and drop off location, payment terms etc. in advance. That will prevent problems later.
Step 5 of 5 : Wait for school to start!
We cannot wait to see our students enjoying their schooling with us – learning together, forming bonds and participating in all our activities. Our teachers are super excited too!
Special Notes :
- If you misplace your permanent ID card, you will have to place a request for a new one. It costs Rs. 100.
- The ID card is part of the uniform and is A MUST to enter the school premises.
- Central help desk : 020-35007900
- Email address : [email protected]
We hope that you and the kids are all refreshed and set to attack this year with great gusto. We sure are!
What 2023-24 looks like!
Click here, to access the What 2023-24 looks like circular.
KG : How to read the calendar
Click here, to access the KG : How to read the calendar circular.